Let's Make Leaf Kebabs!
Here's a super fun nature play and learning idea for you to try this week when you are out on a walk!
- an outside place to explore
- a smooth stick
- fallen leaves
- go for a walk together and look for a smooth stick to collect leaves on
- call out the challenge instructions depending on the ages / stages of your children
- ask your child to find and collect leaves by skewering them onto the smooth stick like a kebab
- for younger children call out a number to be found or certain colours e.g. 2 yellow, 1 red etc
- for older children ask them to find as many different varieties of leaves as they can, or to order them in size from large to small, or in colours from red to orange to yellow to green etc
If you haven't taken a look at my Invitations to Play Activity Cards, come and take a look!
There are two themes - sensory and literacy - and both have 52 different fun activities in each for you to do at home :)